Getting all incoming emails directly into your Google Sheets
Capture Gmail emails with attachments in Google Sheets and Google Drive using simple Make automation scenario.
By capturing your Gmail emails and their attachments directly in Google Sheets, you can save time and effort. With Google Sheets, you can easily organize your emails and quickly search through them, making it easier to find the information you need. Additionally, using Google Drive to store the attachments associated with your emails, you can easily access them whenever you need them. Setting up a Make automation scenario allows you to automate the capturing of your emails and attachments in Google Sheets and Google Drive, eliminating the need to manually transfer all of your data. This makes it easier to stay organized and save time.
Make is an online service that helps you create automation scenarios to streamline your workflow. With Make, you can set up an automation scenario that captures your Gmail emails and the attachments associated with them in Google Sheets and Google Drive. This allows you to easily organize your emails, quickly search through them, and access the attachments associated with them whenever you need them. Setting up a Make automation scenario is easy, and it can save you time and effort.
Overview of the scenario
Steps to set up Make Scenario
- Log in to your Make account and click on the “Create a new scenario” button.
- Click on the “Gmail” module in the left-hand side panel.
- Select the “Watch emails” option from the Gmail module.
- Enter your Gmail address and click the “Continue” button.
- Set the criteria for the emails you want to watch for.
- Add Iterator module as there might be multiple attachments
- Add the “Google Drive” module to the right-hand side panel and select the “Upload File” option.
- Connect the Gmail and Google Drive modules via iterator by dragging the arrow from the Gmail module to Iterator and from Iterator to the Google Drive module.
- Select where you want to save the file
- Add Array Aggregator and select the Iterator as source module. The Aggregator should collect Web View Links .
- Add the “Google Sheets” module to the right-hand side panel and select the “Add Row” option.
- Select the fields you want to capture from the Gmail module and enter the appropriate values in the Google Sheets module.
- Click the “Run” button to start the Make automation scenario.
You can read longer description of setting up Make for capturing emails in Google Sheet here Part 1: https://medium.com/geekculture/highway-to-efficiency-funnel-your-gmail-correspondence-to-google-sheets-88095a016ddb
Here is also older article explaining how to capture attachments Part 2
Get the complete blueprint and Google Sheet Template here: https://businessautomated.gumroad.com/l/Save-Gmail-attachments-in-Google-Drive-and-Google-Sheets
You can also watch the full video walk-through here:
Business Automated is an independent automation consultancy. If you would like to request custom automation for your business, visit us at https://www.business-automated.com
If you like our tutorials — buy us a coffee☕: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/business
Follow us on Twitter🐦: https://twitter.com/BAutomated
Watch more on Youtube ️📺: https://www.youtube.com/c/BusinessAutomatedTutorials