Send Slack messages for new Gmail emails matching specified criteria
Every time you receive a Gmail email matching specified criteria, Make (formerly Integromat) will automatically post that message to Slack.
With this Make (formerly Integromat) scenario, you can automatically post new Gmail emails that match specified criteria to Slack. This way, you can quickly and easily stay up to date on important messages without having to constantly check your inbox.
Step by step instructions:
- Go to https://www.integromat.com/en/integrations/gmail/slack and click Create a new scenario.
- In the Scenario name field, enter a name for your scenario.
- Under Choose a trigger app, select Gmail.
- For the Gmail trigger, select Watch for new messages.
- Select your Gmail account.
- Under Search criteria, select the following options:
To: [Your Slack username]
Subject: [Your desired subject]
- Save the trigger.
- Under Add an action, select Slack.
- For the Slack action, select Send message.
- Select your Slack account.
- Enter the following details:
In the Channel field, enter the name of the Slack channel you wish to post to.
In the Message field, enter the message you wish to post. You can use the following variables:
- Save the action.
- Run the scenario.
Example of use case:
You can use this scenario to automatically post new Gmail emails matching specified criteria to a Slack channel for team collaboration.
Try out this ready to use workflow template:
Find more templates on our website:
Business Automated is an independent automation consultancy. You can visit us at www.business-automated.com if you would like to request custom automation for your business. Visit our YouTube Channel for more automation ideas to accelerate your business. If you like our work buy us a coffee or follow one of our affiliate links and try out Make (formerly Integromat).